Full-time, SF Bay Area or Remote considered
Moonshot is on a mission to tackle climate change through the power of food, starting with our crazy delicious climate-friendly crackers. We’re the first explicitly climate-friendly brand in the US, considering the planet’s health in every decision we make -- from our regeneratively grown heirloom wheat to our recycled packaging and carbon neutral operations. Fast Company raved about our “negative emissions,” Forbes calls us “groundbreaking,” and Goop suggests pairing our crackers with vegan cheese for a “planetary slam dunk.” Come build the climate-friendly food movement with us!
Moonshot is part of Planet FWD, a platform making it easier for all brands to bring climate-friendly products to market. This commitment to addressing climate change is one of our core values along with grace, integrity, equity, courage, clarity, judgment and catalytic creativity. Our founder Julia Collins is a food-tech veteran who is committed to ensuring that equity is at the table for every decision that we make.
You are deeply interested in working at the intersection of consumer brand building and climate action. You are an outgoing, enthusiastic extrovert who doesn’t shy away from the camera and knows their way around TikTok, Instagram and other emerging social media platforms. You are a fierce social justice warrior and climate advocate who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and speak their truth. You are passionate about the climate-friendly food movement and could talk about your favorite snacks all day long!
Furthermore, you are:
- A passionate and creative digital storyteller
- A proven strategic thinker with a “how can I help?” attitude
- Highly visual with an exceptional eye for smart, creative, effective content
- Interested in both the art and science of social media; you can capture BTS for an Instagram Story and know the metrics to report on to measure success
- The first to know about emerging social trends and your friend group’s go-to for key cultural dates like National Pizza Day and the Met Gala
What you’ll do:
As our Marketing Associate, you will report to our Director of Marketing to help build Moonshot’s social strategy and assist with ad hoc marketing needs, such as Shopper Marketing support. You will be responsible for owning the day-to-day operations and execution of our social strategy (including content storyboarding, content creation, and community engagement); maintaining the content calendar for Instagram, Facebook, TikTok; liaising with our agency partners, and reporting on the impact of our social efforts.
As one of the first hires at Moonshot, you will be an essential member of this entrepreneurial, founding team. You will be expected to both think strategically and roll up your sleeves to help launch and scale this new brand.
How you’ll do it:
- Ownership of Moonshot Social Channels
- Bring the Moonshot brand to life through a best-in-class content strategy across organic social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and LinkedIn)
- Manage day-to-day operations of all Moonshot’s social channels, coordinating content approvals, publishing, and real time monitoring in partnership with the Director of Marketing
- Deploy monthly budget to boost top-performing Instagram and Facebook posts to a broader audience
- Content Planning & Project Management
- Lead the monthly content calendar brainstorm, and monthly reporting share-out to keep the full team informed, integrated, and inspired
- Maintain the monthly marketing calendar, liaising with the broader Moonshot team to sync on PR, Shopper Marketing, and Trade Marketing efforts
- Keep a finger on the pulse of emerging social trends and foster relationships with other social media managers to ensure Moonshot’s social presence is relevant, fresh, and first-to-feature
- Coordinate giveaways and multi-brand activations with other like-minded brands on a monthly basis
- Influencer Management
- Support the Director of Marketing in influencer agency management by developing briefs, coordinating product shipments, and ensuring content stays on brief and on schedule
- Tracking & Reporting
- Track metrics weekly, and share key results and learnings with the broader Moonshot team once a month with the goal of continuously iterating our strategy based on insights
- Own competitive intel, developing and organizing a library of competitor creative and share key learnings with broader Moonshot team once a quarter
- Ad Hoc Marketing Support
- Assist with Shopper Marketing campaigns
- Liaise with Moonshot Brand Ambassadors
- Manage shipments of Moonshot swag and other marketing collateral
- 0-2 years of marketing experience, preferably in social media management
- An obsession with pop culture, viral TikToks, trending hashtags, and funny memes
- An ability to collaborate and project manage across multiple teams
- Strong fundamentals in written and verbal communication
- Highly organized, with a precise attention to detail
- Experience with content creation and community management on IG and TikTok, ideally for a consumer brand
- Based in the Bay Area, CA is a plus
What Moonshot offers:
- Competitive compensation package, including equity
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Remote work optionality
- Health, dental & vision insurance and 401K
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and kind culture
- The opportunity to be a part of building an innovative, mission driven company from the ground up
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.