Make a delicious sauce that jazzes up any meal with the greens that you have lying around (even ones that are a bit wilted!).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3 cups greens (try any combination of basil, cilantro, arugula, carrot tops, kale, spinach, or anything leafy)
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or hard cheese (parmesan, manchego, asiago)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup oil (start with 1/4 cup and add more as needed. If you’re
- using leafier greens like kale and spinach, you’ll need more oil)
- a few cloves of garlic, peeled and whole
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, add more to taste
- lemon zest (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
Blend everything in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add more oil if needed. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.